Senior Manager, Systems Engineering ANZ
Senior Manager, Systems Engineering ANZ
The System Engineer Manager is a customer-focused technical sales professional working alongside the sales director for their aligned set of accounts across the territory space across ANZ. This would be to lead a team of 7 solution engineers.
This leadership position provides management and technical direction to their team and collaborates with the sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings.
We are looking for you to act in a consultative fashion and looked to as an authority in your field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners and customers. Setting effective team strategy and OKRs in line with the regional SE and sales director’s OKRs, making sure there is execution of these across the team in addition to and in support of their sales opportunities
- Build, lead and inspire a team of System Engineers to achieve business goals
- Provide technical vision, guidance and mentorship to the Associate Systems Engineers; ensuring appropriate training is delivered to strengthen knowledge, skills and performance whilst proving a clear path to promotion.
- Provide coaching and customer facing support as and when required for the field based Systems Engineers.
- Provide leadership based on industry knowledge and vertical market trends, regional business economics and strategic issues.
- Create a technical resource plan for the team by aligning resources to deliver on commitments and drive results.
- Articulate the features and benefits of Nutanix solutions and products.
- Help the team understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a Nutanix solution.
- Help provide technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Be able to perform product demonstrations and presentations in support of company road show’s and events.
- Manage the team’s delivery of solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept to support the sales opportunities either directly or through channel partners.
- Ensure the team perform technical account management and act as an interface between the sales/pre-sales account teams and technical staff by monitoring and handling technical issues to conclusion, including any required management critical issues required to resolve technical issues.
- Act as interface to Product Management to monitoring and lead feature requests and the product roadmap.
- Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management, and Engineering.
You should have the knowledge to assimilate new technologies, have shown customer facing skills at both the C-level and line management level, and be technically strong enough to establish credibility with technical leaders. Working in tandem with the Nutanix sales teams requires you to have knowledge and experience in sales methodologies and a keen focus on driving positive business outcomes. The Systems Engineer Manager should also have the following:
- 5yr + years’ experience in leading Systems / Sales Engineers
- 10+ years’ experience in a customer facing technical role
- You will have technical experience with virtualization technologies, data center consolidation, and/or server technologies is highly desirable
- You will have a Hands-on, and “does what it takes” attitude to drive success
- Great teammate with strong drive
- You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate authoritatively with partners, customers, and internal multi-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, resolve project urgency and execute detailed action plans
- The highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.