Systems Engineering Manager - Norway & Finland
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers/Managers into the territory.
- Responsible for training and mentoring new Systems Engineers on the team.
- HR responsibility for Systems Engineering Managers in the territory (expenses, reviews, etc).
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, troubleshooting and challenging customer environments.
- Take ownership in ensuring channel enablement is ongoing.
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams.
- Act as a floating SE and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict or vacation coverage.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory.
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ Years experience as a pre-sales Sr. Systems Engineer.
- management experience
- Deep knowledge of the virtualization and storage markets as well as design capabilities are preferred.
- About 50% travel within the region.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
Qualifications and Experience:
3+ years experience in managing Systems / Sales Engineers
5-7+ years’ experience in a customer-facing technical role
Technical experience with virtualization technologies, data center consolidation, and/or server technologies is highly desirable
Hands-on, and “does what it takes” attitude to drive success
Team player with a strong drive
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally with partners, customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem-solving skills
Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans
Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.