Member of Technical Staff (Host Bus Adapters (Subject Master) and Test Lead)
This role of an HBA Subject Matter expert (SME) and Test Lead, would play a pivotal part in this by owning and delivering on HBA roadmap, technology integration, launch, and sustaining activities across all Nutanix delivery platforms.
- Must have solid internal knowledge & hands-on experience from NVMe/SAS/SATA IT/ IR and/or RAID based Host Bus Adapters (Broadcom and/or Microchip).
- Must have deeper knowledge & understanding on firmware and device driver internals.
- Must have good knowledge on any one of the coding language (C / C++ or any) & Automation (Python or any).
- Must have solid understanding from Storage specific performance aspects (All Flash, Hybrid config’s from NVMe, SAS/ SATA SSD, HDD components).
- Must have hands on experience in Linux, ESXi, KVM and/or Container environments (any one).
- Good to have at least minimal levels hands-on experience from Intel/ AMD or ARM based platforms (Including BIOS/BMC/IPMI tunings/settings).
- Should have a great collaborative spirit to work with same/ cross-functional/ remote teams (Subject Matter Expert’s/ Managers) leveraging soft skills, force effective & rightful decisions.
- Should have a flair for improving tools, techniques and methods to improve the Hardware qualification and debugging processes.
- Must have obsession for understanding & solving Customer escalations.
- Good to have if follows latest tech enablements in industry (VMD, SPDK, Optane, Redfish/Swordfish, NVDIMM, etc) and constantly validate their need into Nutanix Solutions.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Electronics or related stream is required.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Good exposure to Automation development and Code review.
- Experience in designing complex Test Plans, Test cases and Automation coverage Plans.
- Ability to debug complex issues and root cause failures.
- Working closely with the Development team to analyze and finding the root cause of failures.
- Experience in testing System products such as Storage System, FileSystems, Operating Systems, Hypervisors and Networking.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.