Backend Software Engineer (IoT Platform) (f/m/d)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Backend Software Engineer (IoT Platform)
With the proliferation of billions of IoT devices at the Edge, generating vast amount of useful data, we need a decentralized computing platform that caters to a variety of data processing applications ranging from real time processing, machine learning and inferencing to long term archival and retrieval of data. We’re building a platform that enables customers to deploy data processing applications where the data is, instead of moving data to the applications. And for that reason we are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Berlinda da team.
Nutanix Xi IoT Team
Xi IoT Platform team operates cloud service to manage planet scale infrastructure to make it extremely easy to build and run AI Powered Applications, at the Edge, Data center or public cloud. Our high level goal is to craft an IoT "OS" that makes the Edge and Cloud into one seamless entity for IoT developers. This is also an opportunity to work in a team of diverse skills. You will get a chance to apply and broaden your expertise of driving projects in machine learning, data science, security, distributed systems, cloud services, serverless architecture, large scale sensor/device management.
Learn more about the Xi IoT platform
- Intelligent IOT/Edge Computing Platform (video 13:09)
- Xi IoT: Nutanix .NEXT Keynote Anaheim 2019 (video 17:41)
- Xi IoT: Manufacturing solutions with Kepware KEPServerEx 6 (video 12:49)
- Xi IoT: Deploying a Containerized App (video 3:33)
- Xi IoT : Another year in retrospect (detailed article)
You have a proven track record in software product development and delivery. You thrive with autonomy. You like being surrounded by world-class talent, hungry to build great products and services. You enjoy a fast paced yet disciplined approach towards building the next big thing. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems.
In this role you will:
- Be part of the small team that’s developing multi-cloud platform services
- Design and implement various platform services like Containers as a Service, Function as a Service, Data Services like Kafka or NATS or Object Stores, Sensor Ingestion Services and many more.
- Design and implement various data migration techniques over WAN - connecting Edge to Public or Private Clouds
- Design and implement remote debugging and troubleshooting in various platform components
- Design and implement software infrastructure components to support planet scale deployment and operations
- Deliver various platform management features end to end from Concept, Design, Implementation, Testing and Support working with other engineering team members.
- Proficient in modern programming languages like GOLANG, Python or Java
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, Attention to details
- Excellent grasp of software architecture and design
- Excellent grasp of microservices based architectures
- Excellent understanding of code optimization for performance and scalability
- Excellent understanding of Docker Containers and Kubernetes
- Exposure to developing data processing applications on native platform services on public clouds (AWS, Google, Azure) is a plus
Qualifications and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience building large scale distributed systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.