Sr Data Scientist, Sales Strategy & Analytics
Disruptors around the world are in a journey to break IT silos and optimize cloud performance using Nutanix. The market is rewarding with accelerated growth our wide range of data services, our infrastructure management simplicity approach, and the flexibility provided by our integration capabilities. It’s an exciting time to be part of Nutanix, a company that breathes and lives its three core values: hunger to be the best, humility in how we think and act, and honesty to do the right thing.
The Sales, Strategy and Analytics team is the essential engine supporting revenue operations. We focus on driving growth, delivering insights, and measuring performance throughout Sales. Our team is highly visible: we directly support the company’s CEO and CRO; we are responsible for the most critical Go-To-Market sales initiatives; and our Sales Business Intelligence team is a centralized unit that supports all performance reporting for sales.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our organization. This is a high impact role with two primary goals:
- Develop, implement, maintain, and communicate the architecture required to support Go-To-Market decisions, including segmentation and propensity-to-buy models
- Prepare data; construct predictive modeling; produce and communicate insights that influence investments in order to increase sales productivity and market share.
The Data Scientist responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with IT organization to design, construct, test and maintain Go-To-Market architectures, such as customer and market datasets.
- Prepare customer, market, and account data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling, including right-to-win and propensity-to-buy models
- Own segmentation process end-to-end, including definitions and modeling of Total Addressable Market (TAM), Serviceable Addressable Market (SAM) and Serviceable Obtainable Market (SOM). Use ML/AI and field feedback to fine tune modeling continuously. Collaborate cross-functionally with other strategy teams to ensure consistency around definitions and methodology.
- Define, maintain, and report segmentation and coverage metrics, such as productivity and percentage of active accounts.
- Own design, construction, and implementation of propensity-to-buy Model. Establish distribution platform and communication cadence to increase adoption and awareness.
- Continuously generate and communicate sales insights. This role is in big part measured by the quality and impact of the insights produced with a focus on key areas like segmentation, sales coverage, solutions selling, Route-To-Market, renewals and market alliances.
- Advocate reporting and analytics automation.
- Advance a culture of data integrity at Nutanix by detecting risk areas; and formulating, executing, and communicating the status of mitigation plans. Serve as a primary custodian of data cleanliness in the sales organization.
- Promote a culture of data-based decision making at Nutanix
- Advocate automation
- Support the CRO, VP of Sales Operations and the Senior Director of Sales Strategy in initiatives and modeling for various Go-To-Market and segmentation initiatives.
- Collaborate with field sales and sales operations leaders to improve consumption of customer, market, and account data in support of business decisions
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Live and love analytics. You are permanently searching for new angles and interpretations. You have an inquisitive mind that feels at its best when you have and share those “aha” moments.
- Understand the power of data as a strategic weapon that enables growth and productivity
- Are passionate about data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Understand BI data architecture
- Are looking for a career path in which you can learn, apply and use analytics programs/ ML/ statistical models to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Work independently and proactively- you are a driver, not a passenger
- Master of Computing Science; Master of Data Science; MBA; or similar degrees preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in a strategic, operational, or analytical role.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.