Nutanix engineers are crafting a groundbreaking technology, building the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS. We’re using our love of programming and diverse backgrounds to deliver the simplicity and agility of popular public cloud services, but with the security and control that you need in a private cloud. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of idea.
The Role: MTS Intern
The Engineering Summer Internship is an opportunity to gain exposure to one or more Nutanix engineering roles according to your skillset and interests. Some potential roles include (but not limited to) working on the core data path, storage and filesystems development, distributed systems, infrastructure and platform/hardware deployment, data protection and replication, tools and automation, development of a big data processing platform, development of the API and analytics platform, and Web and front-end UI/UX development.
Each intern is paired with a Member of Technical Staff who serves as a guide through our engineering culture, toolsets, and development methodology. Our internship program also includes a series of lunch and learns, training events, and social outings to expose you to other aspects of a rapidly growing Silicon Valley technology company.
- Architect, design, and development software for the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems and design innovative solutions for customer requirements
- Work alongside development, test, documentation, and product teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast pace environment
- Deliver on an internship project over the course of the program. Present the final product to engineering leadership.
- Extensive knowledge or experience with Linux or Windows
- Have taken courses or completed research in the areas of operating systems, files systems, big data, machine learning, compilers, algorithms and data structures, or cloud computing
- Knowledge of or experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper, or other large scale distributed systems preferred
- Interest or experience working with virtualization technologies from VMware, Microsoft (Hyper-V), or Redhat (KVM) preferred
- Detailed oriented with strong focus on code and product quality
- The passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo
Qualifications and Experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field required. If pursuing a PhD, please refer to the careers page for other opportunities.
- Available to work up to 40 hours per week for 12 weeks over the summer months
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.