Junior UX Designer (m/f/d) - 1 Year Fixed Term - Berlin
You are unique and perfect for us! Do you want to work for a market leader in the industry of software defined storage and cloud computing? We are ranked as leaders in Gartner’s magic quadrant year over year!
Do you want to make a direct impact on our customers’ business? You can solve real world problems every day. At Nutanix design is a core component of our product engineering.
Are you passionate about creating simple and engaging interfaces that put human needs in focus? We are looking for a talented Junior UX/UI Designer to work with our design team in Berlin. This 1 year fixed-term role gives you an opportunity to further develop your existing design skills across multiple phases of design, alongside a global team of experienced designers providing support and mentorship. Apply today with a CV and link to your portfolio!
The ideal applicant will:
- Collaborate on design projects with a broad team of Designers, Product Managers, UI Developers, Backend Engineers and other Engineering leaders
- Conduct design research and actively communicate and apply insights into daily work
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to influence the direction of our flagship product’s design
- Work with other designers and frontend engineering teams to ensure effective execution of designs
- Have a mature visual design and/or UX portfolio
- Have an ability to challenge status quo with attention to detail on UX and/or visual design
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work
- Know the latest on technology trends to inform and encourage modern design
- Has good presentation and communication skills in English, with the desire to present and communicate their design work to stakeholders
- Able to explain rationale for design decisions within a larger context. Regularly communicates project status and shares design iterations
- Understands the mission and goals of design and is able to communicate this to product teams
- Knows how to create design flows and detailed screen design in Figma
- 1-2 years of user experience design experience for web applications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, graphic design, fine art, computer science or related CS/design field
- Familiarity with user research & usability testing techniques
- A passion for design, telling customer stories, and simplifying complex problems
- Strong working knowledge of the latest wire-framing, design, and prototyping tools, specifically Figma
- Familiar with usability testing (in person / remote), user research and user interviews
- Experience working across multiple phases of design (interaction, visual design and prototyping)
- Right to work in Germany
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.