Sr. Deal Desk Manager, Americas
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion-dollar enterprise data center market by pioneering an enterprise cloud platform that leverages web-scale engineering and consumer-grade design to natively converge compute, virtualization and storage into a resilient, software-defined solution with rich machine intelligence. Our vision is to make infrastructure invisible, so IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
About the Role
As a Sr. Deal Desk Manager, you will be an intricate member of the WW Deal Desk team, which rolls up into the Sales Operations department of Nutanix and is focused largely on supporting the Field Sales Team in deal pricing and helping the execution of our pricing strategy. The ideal candidate will be able to help manage between the Organization goals and enabling the Field to execute pricing strategies with Customers. This includes working with the Field to maximize Nutanix revenues in deal structuring, recommending varying selling models, engaging with Finance to evaluate acceptable price points and investment accounts, collaborating with Product Management to understand varying product options to meet customer needs and understanding the entire customer ecosystem to ensure Nutanix can maximize its value and increase share in the market.
You will collaborate very closely with the Field Sales Team, Sales Operations, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Cloud Economist team and Product Management as well as other internal stakeholders to ensure that the Field Sales Teams have the support needed to execute Organizational goals.
- Support our WW Sales Organization on pricing related initiatives and strategic programs
- Recommend pricing structures based on Customer’s business drivers and ability to sell value
- Influence discount improvements through competitive intelligence and developing a subject matter expertise in the Region
- Provide detailed reporting to Regional Directors and VP’s and collaborate closely with Sales Management to drive regionally focused pricing strategies
- Engage closely with Legal to support nonstandard commercial terms and conditions
- Build business cases for investment accounts to gain Executive support and remain an active player throughout the sales cycle
- Daily review of deal financials, pricing and business risk required
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies and serve as an escalation point to business leaders
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with Customers, sales teams, internal teams, and external partners & distributors
- Ability to execute quickly and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Must be willing to work extended hours during end of quarters.
- Familiarity with working with Sales teams in a deal desk or commercial-selling function
- Expertise with varying software selling models (i.e. term licenses, perpetual, SaaS, subscription, utility consumption)
- Strong and active listening skills and overall communication skills, both written and verbal
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to be responsible, flexible, accountable and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, adapt and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Experience meeting with Customers
- Advanced Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related area of study
- 10+ years of deal desk, strategic pricing, finance, software-selling and/or sales operations experience
- Prior Mgmt. experience leading teams and/or expertise supporting Enterprise deal strategy preferred
- Prior experience with Salesforce is a plus
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.