Technical Course Development Professional
Nutanix Technical Course Development Professional
Nutanix combines the agility and simplicity of the public cloud, with the security and control you need in a private cloud. Built on the industry’s leading hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) technology, which integrates compute, storage, virtualization, and networking in a full-stack solution that runs nearly any application.
Nutanix Education wants to bring world-class education to the masses. This role will be a vital member of the Nutanix Education team building engaging and immersive learning experiences for our customers. Your primary function is to create detailed practical exercises that result in engaging learning experiences while providing learners with the skills and information required to be successful with Nutanix products.
The successful candidate will produce innovative educational products with a distributed team of content developers, instructional designers, and field subject matter experts. We are looking for someone who has a background in virtualization and cloud technologies and can quickly learn new, cutting-edge Nutanix products. Your technical skills will continually improve because you will work with Nutanix product management to become a subject matter expert on 2-3 products, and have daily access to your own hardware.
The successful candidate must adhere to established development processes and standards. You will be responsible for the timely release and quality of new training offerings, improvement of existing courses, and managing feedback loops. Attention to detail is a must.
- Author of high quality, training content for existing and emerging Nutanix technologies.
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts to gather information and product specifications and transform that information into engaging content.
- Create compelling training and practical exercises applicable to specific job roles.
- Peer review technical content and provide constructive feedback.
- Evaluate and respond to course feedback so that technical accuracy and course integrity are assured.
- Work independently and rapidly to meet tight deadlines.
- Present alpha training for content that you create.
- Prioritize tasks and ensure timely delivery of all course elements.
- Work with cross-functional teams such as delivery operations, certification, and eLearning.
- Refine and improve the development process workflows.
- Adhere to instructional design standards.
- 5+ years’ experience in any two of the following: virtual infrastructure management, cloud automation, configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins), cloud operations management, network virtualization, and security. Or programming languages such as Java, Node.JS, Python, Ruby, Microsoft PowerShell, and Unix shell.
- Practical field experience with any combination of the technologies listed above is preferred.
- Proven experience effectively training customers on new technology or technical solutions.
- Agile project management experience.
- Fluent in English
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.