Sr. Services Delivery Leader
Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that provides innovative hyper-converged infrastructure and hybrid cloud solutions for Data Center, DevOps and Desktop transformation. Founded in 2009, we have been a publicly held company since 2016. Named 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Hyper-Converged Systems.
Position: Services Delivery Leader
A successful candidate in this role will have experience managing high performing teams including managing a team of Architects, Consultants and Project Managers. In addition, the candidate will have responsibility for managing all Services Delivery functions (staffing, utilization management and oversight, etc). The role will have revenue management and revenue forecasting responsibilities for the supported region. In addition, the successful candidate should understand how to work with the Sales team and build productive working relationships.
- Define and drive the services strategy relating to the region.
- Collaborate with peers on process improvements.
- Business management - increase bookings and revenue, reduce costs, improve margins, and eliminate waste.
- Personnel management (hiring, development, utilization) – recruit, performance manage, mentor, and professionally develop a team of best in class technical delivery consultants. Balance the need for high levels of billable utilization (70%) and employee satisfaction.
- Quality management - govern quality and ensure delivery in a manner that is consistent with Nutanix Consulting Services best practices.
- Partner management – provide support, guidance, and oversight to partners who deliver on behalf of Nutanix and ensure their success.
- Escalations management – address and manage complex customer issues and provide recommendations that are aligned with account strategy.
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Build strong relationships with regional VP’s of sales and SE Directors. Be someone they regularly rely on to open up new opportunities, solve problems and deliver customer delight that ultimately leads to product sales growth.
- Participate in the pre-sales process with account teams, consulting architects, and customers to understand business and technical requirements in order to effectively scope and deliver effective solutions. Develop and approve project SOWs (scope, level of effort estimates, and schedules) prior to presentation to Nutanix Account team and customer.
- Develop and maintain a solid technical understanding of all Nutanix services offerings, product lines, and corporate messaging.
- Demonstrate steadfast and sound decision-making abilities to resolve problems.
- Establish a repeatable cadence in partnering with Nutanix Product Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to provide field-level feedback into the product development lifecycle.
- Ability to travel 50%.
- S./B.A./M.S./MBA degree
- 15+ years of relevant IT industry experience (virtualization, compute, networking, storage).
- 5+ years’ direct people management experience leading a team of 10+ (or manager of managers) in a professional services team, preferably with a software company consulting organization or “Big 4” firm.
- Experience in the Federal and/or Public Sector vertical (Civilian, DoD & IC).
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a positive attitude with high levels of self-awareness, professionalism, ownership.
- Ability to identify, attract and retain top talent.
- Proven track record planning and managing large, customer facing programs of work and/or IT transformations.
- Experience solution selling with an overwhelming belief that solutions increase customer success and drive product adoption.
- Strong skills in strategic planning, critical thinking, and financial analysis.
- Strong stakeholder management along with the ability to build one’s own “brand”.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
- Experience with modern software development methodologies with an emphasis on software defined datacenter, infrastructure as code, complex distributed systems, and cloud based computing.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), Software-as-a-service, and hybrid cloud computing environments.
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup (or startup-like) environment and experience building teams a big plus.
- Experience working with Federal systems integrators.
- Understands the Federal contracting process.
- Has existing agency or departmental relationships within the Federal government.
- Proven ability to interact and communicate with CxO-level personnel and navigate customer organizations to ensure successful project delivery and acceptance.
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes, standards (preferably ITIL) including capacity/performance, storage and network management.
- US Secret or TS Clearance preferred.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.