Senior Escalation Engineer
The Nutanix Support Escalation team is responsible for solving some of the most complex and critical customer issues via the Critical Accounts Program (CAP). Our team works closely with Engineering, QA, Product Management, and other internal teams to ensure that Nutanix products are of the highest quality.
- Debug, root cause and resolve customer issues escalated via Critical Accounts Program (CAP)
- Manage critical customer situations through communication with customers including periodic statusing, Root Cause Analysis and consistent dialog with Engineering, as needed
- Provide technical leadership to SRE teams on Nutanix products and customer handling
- Act as a technical escalation path for SRE teams for critical bug prioritization
- Perform case reviews for accounts identified as hot to improve customer satisfaction
- Pro-actively seek out issues that can affect the customers and take necessary steps to resolve them
- Improve serviceability of the product by contributing to the development of tools to scale our field deployment and auto-support infrastructure
- Define and drive changes to our product with the Engineering teams
- Work with technology partners (ie. VMware, Citrix, Microsoft) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge base articles
- Actively participate in ONCALL and support case deflection activities
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to support their business and use of the Nutanix product
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills that span both business and technical audience
- Solid problem solving skills with customer centric approach.
- The passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo
- Be able to work in virtual teams comprising of members of cross-functional teams
- Lead conference calls to ensure timely resolution of customer issues
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in virtualization (preferably VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V), Layer 2/3 networking, Linux systems administration, and storage analysis, and troubleshooting
- BS in Engineering (or equivalent and 5+ years work experience)
Potential for working from a Nutanix office other than Sydney AU but within the APAC theater will be considered for the ideal candidate.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.