UX Designer- Networking
In this opportunity, the designer will work on defining simple yet delightful experience to virtual networking infrastructure in and across Nutanix products, encompassing a broad spectrum of networking services and its management, monitoring and troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate will,
- Understand enterprise problems with medium to high complexity and create simple and elegant design experiences.
- Successfully present concepts to key stakeholders and articulate the rationale for design decisions.
- Build consensus/convergence within the design team, engineering, product management, and other stakeholders.
- Showcase the ability to design and execute research studies in the context of their design exercises.
- Showcase the ability to translate research insights into design iterations/enhancements.
- Demonstrate the ability to execute simultaneous design-related activities.
- Showcases knowledge of design processes and understanding of the Eng Development processes.
- Over time, build a solid understanding of at least one product domain and develop a good reputation within the company in that domain.
- 3+ years of user experience design experience for web applications with a bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field.
- Passion for design, telling customer stories and simplifying complex problems.
- Strong working knowledge of the latest wireframing/ design and prototyping tools.
- Familiar with user research techniques and usability testing (in-person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and concisely towards building consensus.
- Interest in designing for enterprise software.
- Knowledge/experience in designing for scale.
- Comes from a Computer Science background or with a working knowledge of Networking.
- Has working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
Learn more about our product offering at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
To learn more about Design at Nutanix, hear our leaders speak about the importance of adopting a design-first approach in the org. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad9jO5fapXE
Additionally, you could also look at our VP of Design- Satish Ramachandran, sharing his thoughts about the design process for enterprise design at Nutanix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmdOa5CSVcg
Refer to our Medium blog and Twitter to know more about the kind of work we do in our products and as part of community outreach.
Nutanix Design Website: https://nutanix.design
Medium - https://medium.com/nutanix-design
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NutanixDesign
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.