As a Serviceability Engineer, you actively participate in the capacity of an Individual Contributor providing serviceability requirements and working closely with Product Managers and Engineering to track progress of these features. The Serviceability Engineer will perform pre-release product validation and verification, share field lessons learned/issues seen post-release, and drive corresponding serviceability features and tools into product design. This is a challenging position with the opportunity to work collaboratively with professionals in a number of cross functional areas, with a focus on enhancing the customer experience by improving product serviceability and usability.
- Develop Business Requirement documents to drive Serviceability improvements in the product
- Define and drive changes to our product with the Engineering teams through PRD reviews, validation testing and attending regular standups
- Provide input to Engineering on new products early in the NPI cycle to improve serviceability and diagnostic functions
- Develop troubleshooting guides by collaborating with Engineering and Support teams
- Review deferred and critical defects with Engineering and follow through to ensure fixes are provided in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with the Support and other cross functional Organizations for product and process improvements
- Work closely with Release Management and Portal team on all S/W releases
- Collaborate with DevEx and other Engineering functions to prioritize field issues
- Review test plans and provide input to ensure field issues and other known gaps are included in test automation scripts and results are continually assessed
- Lead release criteria testing phase, document test plans/results, track bugs found and monitor bug fix rate
- Check for customer found defects and work with Engineering on prioritizing which ones need to be backported to applicable release trains
- Keep management informed of key issues and changes that may impact expected business results
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Must have strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Must have skills to effectively influence cross-functional teams
- Must be able to facilitate teams to successful resolution of issues
- Must have good negotiation, conflict management & resolution skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and act in a lead role as a subject matter expert within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
- Familiarity with hardware and software development life cycle models
- Experience in Storage, Virtualization or Networking a plus
- Experience working in or closely with a Customer Support organization
- The tasks this individual is responsible are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others
- A minimum of 5 years of technology industry and support experience is required
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience is required
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.