Splunk Administrator (Contract)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Troubleshoot and optimize all aspects of Splunk, including Splunk search head and indexer clusters, index storage monitoring, and SPL performance tuning.
- Help manage upgrades, migrations, security, system health and infrastructure analytics.
- Facilitates the onboarding of alerting and dashboards for new data sources, applications, and technologies into Splunk
- Manages and actively monitors the ingestion of logging to ensure compliance with licenses and effective use of resources
- Create reports and dashboards in Splunk
- Build complex correlations for identifying unusual/suspicious activity
- Monitor and ensure the performance of the application
- Facilitate integration with other monitoring platforms
- Researches and recommends tools and procedures for increased infrastructure performance
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure the effective implementation and utilization of Splunk
- 1+ years experience with Splunk on a large enterprise level
- 5+ years in IT infrastructure, networking, architecture, administration, or security
- Strong preference for consultants with extensive experience architecting/developing/deploying/configuration of customized technical add-ons
- Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems
- Experience working in a multi-server environment
- Experience with 1 or more programming or scripting language such as Python, Bash, VBScript
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Splunk training and/or certifications would be a major plus
- Experience with Splunk add-ons such as Splunk ES or UBA a plus
Minimum required experience:
- Splunk Administration: 1 year
- Splunk: 1 year
- Splunk Development: 1 year
- Splunk Architecture: 1 year
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Strong preference for degrees in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering (various disciplines) or other technology-focused disciplines.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.