Member of Technical Staff - Backend Developer (Java)
Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data centre. We’re using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data centre. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience in building high-performing systems that are scalable and extensible. You will be part of the dynamic SaaS Engineering group.
You will be part of implementation team responsible for building an innovative cloud products.
- Writing efficient, scalable and clean code including both backend and frontend
- Developing features with Java and related technologies
- Translate requirements and user stories into design specifications and solid code.
- Integrating with a third party systems via RESTful/SOAP APIs.
- Able to demonstrate creating well-architected REST APIs
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in production and non-production environments.
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science OR related field of study.
- 3+ years experience with BE development of Cloud/SaaS Applications.
- Strong Software Engineering and Cloud background is required.
- Proficiency in Java
- Good problem-solving skills and hunger to learn new technologies.
- Strong in Data structures and Algorithms and Analytical Skills
- Experience with developing and managing cloud-computing environments like Amazon EC2, Azure, Heroku is a real plus.
- Experience with SQL DBs
Good to have:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and multi-cloud environments like AWS, Azure
- Strong web application technology experience.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.