Member of Technical Staff - QA
Member of technical staff, Test Developer is responsible for testing the UI/API components for Nutanix Insights . Nutanix Insights is a SaaS product providing predictive support for the customers.
The individual should be able to develop complex test plans covering all the aspects of the product both at the component level and also end-2-end perspective. He/She needs to have an interest and capability in understanding the architecture and design limitations and come up with a comprehensive test plan in exercising and breaking the developed solution.
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features.
- Designing high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans.
- Designing UI/Rest automation framework and add automated test cases for existing and new features.
- Testing features on distributed systems
- REST API testing
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s).
- Working closely with the Development team to analyze and find the root cause of failures.
- Filing defects and tracking them to closure.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 3-6 or more years of automation development experience.
- Experience in testing application level framework
- Experience with Python API test framework development
- Experience in developing UI test framework using selenium.
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Ability to debug and extend automated tests.
- Experience testing a “systems” product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking).
- Good understanding UNIX, preferably Linux.
- Basic understanding of Docker containers.
- Good to have experience in virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, KVM.
- Experience in testing scalable performant distributed systems.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as GIT, build management tools and Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to write scripts and tools for development and debugging.
- Working closely with the Development team to analyze and finding the root cause of failures.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.