Linux Engineer (contract)
IT-SE-Linux - Job Description
- Linux Systems administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and monitoring.
- Work closely with the business to understand requirements and to develop technical specifications & solutions.
- Take over maintenance and administration of custom tools written by in-house development engineers.
- Define requirements for current and future tools development.
- Automate as many processes as possible, writing tools, scripts, etc. as necessary.
- Provide technical solutions that are sustainable, supportable, & scalable.
- Fully understand the current systems architecture and suggest new solutions.
- Leverage cost-effective 3rd party solutions (open source or commercial) where financially beneficial to do so.
- End user support for server infrastructure and development environments.
- Proactive monitoring of systems and applications.
- Participate in long-term strategies for IT & Engineering Operations.
- On-call as needed with participation in 24X7 support.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Linux Systems Admin/Engineer.
- Virtualization (VMware and/or KVM)
- Strong scripting & automation skills (Shell and/or Python)
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Server related technologies (e.g. RAID systems, backups, SAN, etc.).
- Security best practices as related to systems.
- Experience with performance monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, etc.
- Knowledge/experience with Networking as it relates to systems (TCP/IP, IP ROUTING, SSH/SFTP/SCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS, SSL, HTTP, SMTP, etc.)
- Strong Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Containerization (Preferably Kubernetes)
- Git based Infrastructure as Code
- Salt for Configuration Management - Big Bonus
- Experience with web technologies and application servers
- REST APIs
- Open to contract to hire
- Virtualization Company experience
- Large Production Containerization support and deployments
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.