Software Development Engineer
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion dollar virtualization market by pioneering the first hybrid cloud platform that can incrementally scale out to manage petabytes of data, while running tens of thousands of virtual machines. This brings about new distributed system challenges. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
- Design and develop reliable, efficient, high performance, scaled out back end software for large scale enterprise and public cloud.
- Design and develop features for the Nutanix manageability platform that interacts with several micro services.
- Design and Implement robust APIs, with integration to different components
- Implement and enhance our test automation framework that interacts with several micro services.
- Strong understanding of enterprise software design best practices.
- Strong analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong programming skills in the language of your choice. Willingness to work with Python and Golang
- Understanding of scaled out, highly available distributed systems will be a plus.
- Must be comfortable working in a linux environment.
- Love of programming and passion for building high quality software products using robust testing methodologies.
Qualifications And Experience:
-Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.