Director, Worldwide Support
Director, Worldwide Support
Nutanix is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Director to manage support delivery through a team or teams of engineers in the Worldwide Support organization for Mexico. This is a highly visible and very important role - customer support is a strategic differentiator for Nutanix, helping drive customer loyalty, references and repeat business. This position will be responsible for supporting high-end Enterprise level customers or channel partners with advanced support needs, as well as building the infrastructure to support the growth of Nutanix and contribute to the development and scaling of the team. The position will report to the Sr. Director of Worldwide Support.
The position includes technical assistance center support and project management. The position will be responsible for executing customer service strategy, meeting key performance metrics and overseeing the operation of the Technical Support teams. The position will also be responsible for executing service level attainment, customer satisfaction, and financial results.
Critical success factors will be the ability to deliver sustained, world class support while scaling a high performance group of engineers supporting business critical customer environments.
- Customer Satisfaction:
- You will be measured by your ability to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction goals. Customer satisfaction is the single most important measurement of the support organization.
- Manage customer escalations effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Interface with critical account customers and handle stressful situations with confidence
- Recruiting & talent management:
- Attract, build and retain high-performing teams. Set quarterly goals and provide regular feedback on performance.
- Ensure that support managers, team leads and engineers have the resources, cross-functional relationships and processes necessary to succeed and deliver sustained performance
- Build and scale out global support centers
- Performance Management:
- Provide guidance, direction and mentoring to the team to deliver on organizational goals and objectives.
- Manage resources by setting clear expectations, creating accountability, and enhancing collaboration to meet or exceed service level and quality expectations.
- Oversee case issue resolution, call monitoring, and development of performance metrics
- Leadership & management:
- Establish strong cross-functional alignment with Engineering, Product Management and Operations teams.
- Develop, facilitate and drive cross-functional initiatives aimed at improving performance and increasing execution capability.
- Deliver reports and analysis to members of the leadership team including evaluation of overall performance, trend identification, best practices, problem resolution, and risk mitigation
- Strong Familiarity with Storage, Networking and Virtualization.
- Awareness and appreciation of different cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present technical issues and project statuses at the senior management level.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate both teams and individuals.
- Ability to express complex concepts simply and effectively to gain support for initiatives.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in order to deliver objectives.
- Financial acumen; ‘Big Picture’ thinker.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com.
- Good sense of humor!
Education / Experience
- A/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Operations Management. MBA is a Plus.
- 10+ years experience in an Enterprise Customer Support Organization in a leadership position.
- Prior experience managing support delivery of complex technology products through multiple release cycles.
- Experience building high performing teams.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High-energy; self-starter
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.