Senior Systems Engineer - Korea
Note : This requisition is being used to build a pipeline for future recruiting needs
The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) is a customer-focused technical sales professional that provides pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. The SSE teams and collaborates with Nutanix sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings.
The SSE acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners and customers.
Key responsibilities of the SSE include:
- Articulate the features and benefits of Nutanix solutions and products.
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a Nutanix solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Provide channel partner enablement for selected channel partners in defined territory to include: regular product and solution updates, customized workshops, SE shadow program, and any other required tasks to enable partner to perform independent pre-sales support for small-to-medium size opportunities.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations in support of company road show’s and events.
- Manage, monitor, and/or perform solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept in support of sales opportunities either directly or through channel partners.
- Perform technical account management and act as an interface between the sales/pre-sales account teams and technical staff by monitoring and managing technical issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve technical issues.
- Act as interface to Product Management to monitoring and manage feature requests and product roadmap issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve related issues.
- Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management, and Engineering
- The Senior Systems Engineering candidate should have a the ability to assimilate new technologies, have proven customer facing skills at both the C-level and line management level, and be technically strong enough to establish credibility with technical leaders. Working in tandem with the Nutanix sales teams requires the candidate to have knowledge and experience in sales methodologies and a keen focus on driving positive business outcomes.
- The Senior Systems Engineer should also have the following:
- 5-7+ years’ experience in a customer facing technical role
- Technical experience with virtualization technologies, data center consolidation, and/or server technologies is highly desirable
- Hands-on, and “does what it takes” attitude to drive success
- Team player with strong drive
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally with partners, customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
The scope of responsibilities for this role is territorial based. Travel may be required occasionally as needed but is not anticipated to be a significant percentage of time.
A comprehensive competitive compensation program will be tailored to the chosen candidate. Compensation will consist of a competitive base salary, a variable performance bonus, equity, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.