MTS - Dev Extension (Networking)
MTS - DevExtension (Networking)
Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data center. We’re using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data center. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
- Work as a part of the extended software development team on Software Features/Bugs
- Developing automation tools to find issues and do root cause and corrective action.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- develop scalable network design, policies, and best practices for day-to-day operations.
- Collaborate with internal application teams to identify their network requirements; and make a case for feature enhancements necessary in our products.
- Collaborate with customers to identify alternatives for hybrid cloud connectivity to meet their specific needs.
- 3-6 years of software engineering experience in the Networking/SDN domain
- Fluency in C and Python.
- Extremely strong systems programming and design skills.
- Solid understanding of fundamental network protocols.
- Experience with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools like Wireshark.
- Familiarity with virtualization platforms, particularly QEMU/KVM.
- Strong Linux background with focus on networking.
- Experience building distributed systems and highly-available services.
- Experience developing and deploying SDN solutions at scale.
- Experience developing and deploying VPN solutions.
- Familiarity with tunneling protocols (VXLAN, GRE, Geneve).
- Familiarity with routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS).
- Familiarity or involvement with open source SDN projects.
- Hands-on exposure to a public cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ global employees. Our people are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique. We’re growing and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making clouds invisible and freeing customers to focus on their business outcomes. Organizations around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app at any location for their hybrid multicloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting C[email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.