Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for an experienced data engineer in building, scaling and evolving data platform solutions to collect, curate, consolidate and consume data from disparate sources which comprise data of different shapes and sizes, volume, variety and velocity. Our charter is to make enterprise data available to internal business for analytics services, machine learning and to a number of internal/external applications in near real time and to scale. Successful candidate will work with a team of passionate and world-class engineers, to build, test and launch managed data services running on this platform.
Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 12+ years of software development experience with deep technology expertise in the following areas
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required
- Hands-on experience with data compute, storage, and security components using AWS platform.
- Hands-on experience with real time streaming processing as well as high volume batch processing using AWS.
- Deep knowledge and understanding on big data and cloud computing technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.
- Expertise in both SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle) & NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch) technologies
- Design and coding experience using languages like Python, Java or Scala
Required Non-Technical/ Behavioral competencies
- Familiarity in Agile methodology and Scrum processes
- Organized, develop and drive process for system users
- Excellent verbal and written communication, technical articulation, listening and presentation skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated effective task prioritization, time management and internal/external stakeholder management skills
- Quick learner, self-starter, go-getter and a team player
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.