As a Network Engineer in our Data Center Network team you will be responsible for working with our architects and influencing design and operations of a global infrastructure supporting a large scale cloud provider. You will be accountable for device configuration, management and tooling. Also, reliable tracking and uptime to meet customer requirements.
- Partner with team members and development groups to engineer a scalable network designs and inside and outside the data center environment.
- Ensure continued smooth operation of the global network infrastructure. Lead solution designing, architecture, and implementation of growing network service portfolio as a member of a team.
- Participate in the rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team solving the most complex networking issues.
- Standard network administration duties including network hardware, i.e. switches, firewalls, network/security devices installs and patch management, network problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Configure, test, and maintain all network infrastructure and services, including switches, routers, firewalls and load balancers.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion.
- Design, implement, and support monitoring services, using network monitoring and management tools such as Solarwinds and Zenos.
- 3+ years of experience with a service provider or enterprise-level network.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in network routing protocol troubleshooting like BGP, OSPF, IS-IS and MPLS.
- Experience in hypervisors (AHV, KVM, ESXi, Hyper-V)
- Network certifications (CCNP, or JNCIP) would be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, GRE, IPSec, POS, PPP, VRRP, HSRP and SNMP protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You willbe an adept network engineer with experience in enterprise or cloud scale data center design engineering.
- Proven collaborative skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage assignments independently.
- Possess extensive experience with LAN/WAN with modern platforms and architecture to include Arista, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Aruba, FireEye, Dell, Fortigate, and Juniper platforms.
- Support network infrastructure for virtualized environments with multiple OS platforms and hypervisors including IP address management and schemes, DHCP, VLANs, Ether-Channel (Bonding), and etc.
- In-depth understanding of network hardware platforms and their specifications in the datacenter space.
- Experience troubleshooting stateful packet flows and common network issues.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.