Senior Member of Technical Staff - Prism Ops
Nutanix Prism Pro (Prism Ops) brings quality and efficiency to IT operations for the modern datacenter. Powered by machine learning and task automation, Prism Pro intelligently optimizes capacity, proactively detects performance anomalies, and enables the IT team to automate operations tasks with ease and confidence. Traditional IT operations management (ITOM) tools were built for static infrastructure. They often overwhelm IT teams with complex and noisy alerts that overwhelm IT teams. In dynamic and scalable modern data centers with high performance and diverse workloads, IT teams need simplicity and accuracy to achieve high productivity in operations.
Overview of the role
SMTS, Developer is responsible for building features in the AIOps (autonomous IT operations) layer of the Nutanix platform. This consists of building data pipelines, building capabilities of generating insights from data, slice and dice data, bubbling up the relevant data that needs the customer’s attention. Thereafter the insights are tied up with automation thus helping achieve autonomy in data centers.
The individual needs to have a keen interest in building and delivering impactful end to end features (architecture, design, thinking through workflows / use cases / experience and development of scalable solutions for the same, deployment and incorporating feedback) for customers. The solution would be a platform so as to be usable in a variety of applications as well as for Nutanix core services. This will also involve close collaboration with frontend, QA, UX, PM teams and other stakeholders.
In addition the individual would be responsible for mentoring multiple junior engineers and exhibit effective teamwork and leadership skills.
- Should have had the full responsibility for the architecture and delivery of a medium sized project
- Should have been the owner of a component and demonstrated technical leadership in that area.
- Should have been part of active design review for medium-high complexity projects
- Should have led and mentored a group of atleast 3 engineers and been responsible for delivery of projects they are working on, as well as grooming their technical careers.
- 6-7 years of development experience using Java/Python/Golang.
- Experience in building scalable and high performance distributed systems. This includes experience and knowledge of
- Sync/async programming design
- Fault tolerant systems
Nice to have:
- Customer interactions and on-call experience is an added plus.
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Experience with design, development and data modeling of RESTful web services with Websockets/HTTP2.0 would be a plus
- Technical writing and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of people.
- 7-10 years of experience developing applications.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.