Calm is a product that enables application lifecycle management (ie, deployment, upgrades, scale-in, scale-out, DR, etc.) for applications deployed in any public (ex: AWS, GCP) or private (ex: VMWare, Nutanix) cloud. Calm empowers developers, IT admins, and DevOps engineers to streamline their technical operations, extend applications over multiple clouds and centralize control of operations.
The MTS Developer position is an aggregate position for all back-end systems roles. Our backend engineering work is done mostly in Python and Golang. Developers will be required to implement protocol clients/servers, work with message queues, code massively parallel systems, write async network code, develop graph walkers, worry about database performance and tackle cloud-scale problems.
- Work closely with product managers to define / refine what you are building
- Develop high-quality services and features
- Make existing slow/un-scalable stuff go faster
- Fix buggy software that exists today
This opportunity will allow you to...
- Improve performance and scalability of internal back-end components
- Diagnose and debug deep and insidious issues
- Influence & develop revolutionary ways to expand feature offerings & product line.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux or expertise in Windows
- Development experience in building distributed systems / micro-services on public/private clouds.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen.
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization, and/or storage management
- Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. in Computer Science
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.