Early career - Performance Engineer
Do you enjoy finding bottlenecks and removing them to make products faster? Then this might be the job for you. It combines system architecture, troubleshooting skills, performance testing, and the opportunity to explore new areas in hardware and software. An ideal candidate would have experience writing automation or finding bottlenecks across a complex system.
- Create automation (using Python, Ansible, shell scripts, etc) to be able to run bottleneck analysis across multiple versions of software and/or hardware·
- Process large amounts of data to find the performance needle hiding in the haystackIn the future,
- Design tests (in addition to creating the automation) to answer questions and find bottlenecks·
- Suggest changes to improve performance of our products·
- Evaluate areas where we have a lack of performance coverage and fix it·
- Look at new and future workloads and design performance tests that mimic them·
- Educate customers and partners on the Nutanix architecture, our· approach to data reliability and performance, and competitive· differentiation in those areas.
- Comfortable with Python·
- Comfortable asking questions when working with large and unfamiliar code bases.
- Comfortable with at least one Linux performance tool·
- Good at solving problems, and able to work independently
- Interested in developing a breadth of technology skills in operating systems, virtualization, networking and storage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast growing and sometimes chaotic· environment
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.