Senior Visual Designer
We’re looking for a talented visual designer to work with our team in Bangalore! Whether you’re a pixel perfectionist, a stickler for simplicity, or a design system aficionado- you may just be the perfect fit for us.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for progressing our visual language across the Nutanix product portfolio. In order to achieve this, you should have both extensive knowledge and experience in visual design (or a parallel field), with a strong track record in a multi-disciplinary design environment. Consequently, strong communication skills are essential- as you will be collaborating with developers, product managers, and fellow designers on a daily basis.
The scope and depth of a visual designer’s work at Nutanix can vary depending on their skill set and how it maps to upcoming features. One project could have you working in tandem with a UX designer to simplify a complex user journey, with the next requiring you to define and craft components for a new onboarding experience as part of our design system. In any case, visual designers are encouraged to innovate and think outside of the box- with the ultimate aim of bringing a delightful experience to our products.
- Create, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines across Nutanix products.
- Create functional components that echo Nutanix’s design philosophy through iconography, typography, color, motion, and illustration.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable design and drive UI component creation.
- Partner with product designers to define the visual design strategy for the product, as well as work with other leads and cross-functional partners to drive consensus.
- Drive product quality audits to ensure pixel-perfect implementation.
- Have an outstanding portfolio- showcasing a broad range of projects that highlight end-to-end visual design-centric workflows, and showcase a thorough knowledge of established design principles.
- Be an experienced problem solver- requiring little guidance, and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with a design system; from defining standards, maintaining, and driving its consumption across teams.
- Have a working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Be detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with vector-based motion design and illustration tools.
- Proficiency with front-end development languages (HTML, CSS).
- Knowledge of modern web animation tools & frameworks (Lottie, GSAP, three.js).
- An elite foosball (table football) tactician.
About Nutanix Design
Consisting of over fifty designers located across four geos, our design team houses a wealth of talent from a range of backgrounds- from award-winning creative agencies and tech giants (Google, VMware, Apple, etc.), to fresh-faced college graduates and design newbies. What binds us together is a love of our craft- and a perpetual drive to redefine the boundaries of design within an enterprise domain.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.