Sales Development Representative Intern (Summer Internship)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Looking to fast track your career in Sales with an incredible Sales Internship Program?
This role serves as a launching point into Sales at Nutanix. After successfully completing 12 weeks in this training role, you may be eligible to return upon graduation into the Sales Development Representative (SDR) role. During your training as a SDR intern, you will become an integral part of the Sales Team working with Fortune 500 enterprise around the world creating an impact by simplifying their IT infrastructure
This role will be responsible for calling into both existing and new customers, working with marketing to develop strategy and with inside sales to build brand. In addition, the SDR Intern will also work cooperatively with internal and external partners to improve the velocity of business and to create solutions that serve the best interests of our customers and Nutanix.
- Generate leads through high activity levels- 50-80 phone calls and/or emails per day
- Researching prospective clients, adding valuable data to new and existing accounts as well as acquiring high-level contacts by leveraging third-party databases and social networking sites to assist the Sales Development Team
- Assist the current Sales teams by strategically developing and identifying accounts that have the potential for revenue opportunities
- Use advanced prospecting tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator/Outreach to uncover new opportunities and build trust with prospects
- Keep up to date with the technology industry and competitive landscape
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive Training & Development programs including certifications, mentorships and individual development plans
- Opportunity to learn from an elite global Sales team
- Chance to make an impact on your customers’ business by providing best in class solution around the world
- Work in a dynamic, fun and challenging sales environment
- Exciting opportunity to build a network within top talent in the IT industry
- Free lunch every day & snacks available at all times at the office, in addition to relaxing massages every two-weeks creating a perfect life balance
- Must be a current student working to achieve a Bachelor's degree with a graduation date between December 2020 – June 2021 and a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Tenacious and ambitious with a strong work ethic and passion for selling
- Previous internship experience in sales, consulting or a related field, or at a technology company would be an added advantage
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.