Hungry, Humble, Honest, with heart!
This role is fully remote.
A Summer Internship at Nutanix is an opportunity to gain exposure to one or more areas according to your skill set and interests. If you’re interested in the following type of work, the Hybrid Cloud Data Engineer Intern role would be perfect for you!
You could be working on any of the following teams;
- Data Store
- Data Governance
- Data Management
- AI Operations
Each intern is paired with a Member of Technical Staff who serves as a guide/mentor through our engineering culture, toolsets, and development methodology. Our internship program also includes a series of lunch and learns, soft-skill workshops, Intern hack-a-thon, and social gatherings (virtual or in-person where permitted) to expose you to other aspects of a rapidly growing technology company.
http://nutanixbible.com - provides in-depth technical information about the Nutanix platform architecture and a better understanding of why we require interns with a system-centric programming background.
Engineering at Nutanix
Nutanix engineers are creating revolutionary technology: building the software-defined data center. We're using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data centers. At Nutanix, you'll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas. We are looking for students who can learn, grow and contribute to our space of cutting-edge innovation.
- Development of the REST API
- Design file systems that are robust, resilient and reliable and those that work under a host of error and sizing scenarios.
- Build distributed Data Path and/or Control Path software for a hyper-converged computing/storage platform in private or public cloud environments.
- Optimize software for highest performance, scale and resiliency
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products.
- Participate in the New Hire R&D Bootcamp to gain a high-level understanding of the Nutanix product suite, various tools, and processes
- Participate in U-Hack (Nutanix Intern Hack-a-Thon) which is a way to interact with other R&D interns and derive innovative solutions to various roadblocks across the organization
What You’ll Bring
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- You have taken courses or completed research in the areas of operating systems, files systems, big data, machine learning, compilers, algorithms and data structures, or cloud computing
- You have a passion and ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo
- Experience with UNIX/Linux or Windows
- Knowledge of or experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper, or other large scale distributed systems preferred but not required
- You have less than 2 years of professional experience
About the Opportunity
What former Nutanix Interns had to say!
Nutanix as a company has been providing services in distributed files systems, operating systems, and virtualization. This was the main reason I chose Nutanix for my summer internship, and starting my career, as Nutanix would be a platform for me to work on the industry level projects and get a chance to solve real world problems. I believed that at Nutanix, I will get the opportunity to expand my knowledge, in system level software, that I had gained in academia. – Arun J.
The reason I chose Nutanix for my summer internship was that I was attracted to Nutanix's technology and had a good experience with the interview process. Also, during my internship, my colleagues were very helpful. Whenever I was stuck with technical problems, they were willing to spend time discussing solutions with me. Thanks to my mentor and manager for setting a clear internship project, so that I could complete it smoothly and learn a lot from these three months! – Xueqian H.
How We Work
This internship is fully virtual. You will stay connected to your manager, mentor and peers through regular meetings and daily Slack chats. Learn more about Nutanix, or take an in-depth look into our platform architecture with the Nutanix Bible!
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $35 and $53/hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.