- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit templates for high level architectures, detailed designs, standard operating procedures, and marketing materials
- Automate styles and templates for ease of use by consultants in the field who are updating documents based on the templates you develop
- Understand and describe the benefits and value that customers will receive through our products and services
- Edit draft content provided by technical subject matter experts
- Manage content from multiple contributors, collecting and integrating different ideas and styles into a unified flow that reads as a single author
- Produce electronic documentation
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Develop internal processes to improve efficiency and standardization of the technical writing function.
- Organize current materials and develop a solid workflow for the documentation process that is repeatable and easy to follow.
- University Degree in English, Marketing Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of experience in technical writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate complex, technical information in a clear, concise writing style
- Technical aptitude to understand and describe infrastructure concepts relating to data center architecture, virtualization, containers, storage, compute, networking, backup, disaster recovery, high availability, automation, databases, and end-user computing.
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Ability to deliver polished, grammatically correct, well written documentation
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Expertise in automating MS Word and PowerPoint templates
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Familiarity with the SDLC and general software development
- Membership/certification with Society for Technical Communication a plus
** Writing Samples required. Please provide along with resume. **
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.