Cloud Application Architect
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
We are looking for a Cloud Application Architect who could join and be part of our dynamic and growing team. The Cloud Application Architect is a hands-on senior technical leadership role in the cloud Engineering group. You will display clear technical leadership and help scale and drive our cloud platform development for all our products. Working closely with developers, product managers and operations teams, you will be instrumental in delivering rock solid platform services. As a development architect, you will be responsible for contributing to overall architecture of the solution, helping and guiding developers solving complex technical problems.
- Understand business goals and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
- Develop scalable cloud microservices
- Able to demonstrate building well-architected REST APIs using one of the major node.js server frameworks (Sails.js, Express or Restify) or equivalent technology
- Get involved at a hands-on level designing and writing code
- Ability to manage numerous projects while maintaining a high level of detail
- Diagnose functional issues and take ownership of issue resolution
- Ensure high availability and provide application support to enable 24x7 monitoring
- Mentor and guide junior engineers in the team
- Build and run large scale, distributed, highly-available and fault-tolerant applications in a SaaS environment
- Bachelors and/or master’s in computer science OR related field of study
- Strong hands-on experience in the development of a cloud-based multi-tenant SaaS products
- Experience with building and running large scale, distributed, highly-available and fault-tolerant applications in a SaaS environment
- Excellent architecture and modeling expertise with in-depth understanding of cloud architecture patterns
- 10+ years’ experience with full stack development of Cloud/SaaS Applications
- Experience in full stack development with Node.js/Go/Python, with front-end frameworks (Jquery, Backbone.js/Angular.js/React.js)
- Experience with developing and managing cloud-computing environments like Amazon EC2, Azure, GCP, Heroku is a real plus
- Deep understanding of application security, web applications as well as microservices.
- Deep hands on experience with in-memory, relational and NoSQL databases
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.