MTS - Dev Extension (Networking)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
MTS - DevExtension (Networking)
Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data center. We’re using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data center. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
- Work as a part of the extended software development team on Software Features/Bugs
- Developing automation tools to find issues and do root cause and corrective action.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- develop scalable network design, policies, and best practices for day-to-day operations.
- Collaborate with internal application teams to identify their network requirements; and make a case for feature enhancements necessary in our products.
- Collaborate with customers to identify alternatives for hybrid cloud connectivity to meet their specific needs.
- Love of programming
- Proficient in Java or c++ or Python or Golang
- Experience building systems management software, preferably in a distributed system context
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills.
- Team player that works well in fast-paced situations and startup environments
- Practical experience and troubleshooting skills with enterprise-class switches, routers, and networking technologies, such as firewalls, VPNs, and direct connect
- Practical experience and troubleshooting skills in LACP, 801.Q, HSRP/VRRP, IPv4/IPv6, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, IPSec, and SNMP.
- Good to have:
- Experience with Linux networking stack, virtualization, and container deployments.
- Certifications such as CCNA/CCIE/CCDE/JNCIS/JNCIE or AWS Advanced Networking Specialist or equivalent training or practical experience.
- Experience with networking technologies at popular public cloud vendors, such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Develop useful debugging/analysis/monitoring tools with Python or Go.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, with the ability to influence others.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.