Junior/Medior Software Engineer (Nutanix Database Team)
Nutanix Database Service was launched 2 years ago, and since its beginnings we have seen a tremendous customer response. Now, we are entering the next stage of Nutanix DB evolution, with expansion to a full multi-Cloud and Hybrid offering that supports multiple Database Engines. We are starting a new team in Serbia that will help us grow the Cloud Service and Database Engine expertise. As one of the first people to join the team you will have a unique influence on the architecture and design of DB Engine and Cloud Services, tools to make a high quality product and deliver it to the customers as fast as possible, while at the same time cooperating with Open Source communities, and building the team culture.
We are looking for bright young engineers, with rock-solid coding skills, and passion for solving tough technical problems. This is a chance to join a brand new team and grow with the new technology and the team around you, surrounded by tech experts. You will be diving deep into the world of Cloud Services and Database Engines, some of the most challenging and the most popular fields of the software industry today.
As a Software Engineer you will have a chance to:
- Take part in architecting, designing, and building core components of the Nutanix Database;
- Experience multi-Cloud development with Nutanix Cloud, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc;
- Build deployment and management capability for multiple DB systems: PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, SAP Hana, MongoDB and other;
- Cooperate with the Open Source community to implement the best tools and practices for a modern Cloud Service.
- Hands-on experience working on developing distributed software;
- Passion for programming and rock-solid foundation in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Python, Golang;
- Ability to solve problems related to distributed systems, concurrency, and performance engineering;
- Bachelor's degree or final year of education in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Great to have:
- Experience in either PostgreSQL, MS Sql Server, Oracle, or other Database Engine development;
- Experience in building scale out systems;
- Experience in Open Source project code development;
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure problems and development of Cloud Service internals;
- Experience in bootstrapping a startup project.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.