Senior Financial Analyst - R&D
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team within Nutanix is a small high-energy team providing finance partnership to business leaders across all functions. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a high impact team in a fast growing organization. We provide analysis to support strategic decisions, conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and manage financial processes such as planning, forecasting, reporting and tracking performance.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional with exceptional analytical skills to join us as a Senior Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, experienced, and highly analytical individual. This individual will be the primary business partner supporting the R&D function, developing the framework for project level budgeting, resource planning, portfolio planning/tracking, and rationalization of R&D investments. Considering the rapid growth of the R&D organization, we will need a candidate that has strong business systems and automation enhancements experience.
- Provide day-to-day business partnering and financial support to the R&D organization.
- Develop the processes, tools, and infrastructure for enabling project level budgeting, resource planning, portfolio planning, and driving the process for rationalizing the R&D investments within the framework of the annual operating plan and long-term planning targets (multi-year planning).
- Prepare financial analysis supporting new product introductions (NPI) and capital investment decisions, including building NPV models and presenting business cases.
- Represent finance in the NPI process, and partnering with cross functional teams such as Product Management, Engineering, etc.
- Evaluate the forecasting and reporting processes and identify opportunities to optimize performance.
- Partner with functional leaders to develop the annual plan and ongoing forecast for departmental expenses and headcount, flux analysis and financial planning.
- Coordinate regular business reviews, presenting financials overviews and communicating risks and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting with at least 5 years of FP&A related experience.
- Strong business and analytical skills; ability to multitask, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in a continually evolving environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to think creatively and quickly with minimal direction and information
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.