The Director of Accounting will perform complex accounting activities. This position will work closely with and assist Senior Director of Accounting and involves hands-on general accounting. Responsibilities may include some or all the following:
• Responsible for General Ledger, Month- End Close, Financial Statements.
• Responsible for hands on supervision of experienced domestic GL, A/P, A/R and Payroll teams
• Step in if needed with A/P, A/R, collections, and journal entries.
• Assist with short-term cash forecasting/projections.
• Compile, analyze and deliver a variety of financial reports.
• Perform analytical review and monitor financial information.
• Implement /improve accounting process and procedures.
• Responsible for carrying out SOX controls, including review control activities
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• 10+ years related experience
• Supervisory experience
• SOX experience and experience interacting with Big Four auditors
Knowledge and Skills:
• Complete understanding of all accounting functions.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• High degree of honesty and integrity.
• Ability to focus on the big picture while maintaining attention to detail.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.