Virtualization Implementation Engineer (Oracle Database)
Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that provides innovative hyper-converged infrastructure and hybrid cloud solutions for Data Center, DevOps and Desktop transformation. Founded in 2009, we have been a publicly held company since 2016. Named 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Hyper-Converged Systems.
The Senior Consultant (Database Specialist) will work in the Xpert Services organization to help clients design, deploy, and migrate complex applications as well as work with software developers, consultants, and engineers to create scalable and repeatable solutions for partners.
- Billable Project work 70% of time
- Work with Nutanix customers to understand business goals and translate them into appropriate technical solutions.
- Consult Nutanix customers on best practices relating to database solutions based on Oracle and SQL Server.
- Conduct customer facing workshops to define and document project requirements and designs.
- Build robust database solutions for mission critical applications.
- Evangelize the Nutanix platform to application owners, DBAs and management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of detail.
- Diagnose functional issues and take ownership of issue resolution.
- Participate in a pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME.
- Create toolkits and best practice documents and whitepapers.
- Up to 70% of travel
- Expertise building and running large scale, highly available, and fault-tolerant solutions leveraging at least one of the following database systems (past and current versions): Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle. Prefer experience in both with mastery in one.
- Proficient in virtualization technologies with a focus on VMware (experience with additional hypervisors is a plus). Must have hands on experience designing and deploying vSphere environments.
- Experience with enterprise datacenter infrastructure including servers, storage, networking
- Able implement and administer large complex database environments in both physical and virtual server hosting patterns.
- Experience implementing and administering advanced database capabilities such as (but not limited to) Database Mirroring, Disaster Recovery, Monitoring, Backups, and Restores.
- High level of comfort in presenting by means of white boarding sessions and PowerPoint presentations
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Experience in consulting, either from a Vendor, VAR, or System Integrator.
- Experience in designing and deploying business critical applications such as SAP, Active Directory, etc.
- Experience with other in-memory, relational and NoSQL databases such as (SAP Hana/MongoDB/PostgreSQL/MySQL/Db2)
- Experience with PaaS database service offerings like Amazon RDS
- Experience scripting languages such as, Bash, Python, PowerShell
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.