Hardware Systems Reliability Engineer
Hardware Systems Reliability Engineer
We ensure the success of our groundbreaking technology through cluster health monitoring, quick response time, and unparalleled customer intimacy. We are top-notch engineers from leading virtualization, compute, and networking companies with the ability to handle all problems that come our way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the support team acts as our customers’ champions.
Nutanix is seeking well-rounded customer facing Technical Support Engineers. You will support our cloud solution in the field and provide an enriched and successful product experience. You will need to be the champion for Nutanix, by providing an over-the-top support experience to our customers leveraging our private cloud solution.
- Remotely troubleshoot and diagnose customer hardware issues encountered in the field.
- Improve serviceability of the product by testing new platforms and developing tools to scale our field service and auto-support infrastructure.
- Identify patterns and proactively engage Escalation and Engineering teams to identify next to avoid and minimize risks in field.
- Define and drive changes to our platform with our engineering team based on feedback from customers and field experience.
- Work with OEM and services partners (ex. DELL/EMC, HPE, Lenovo) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem.
- Collaborate with our hardware service partners (Flash Logistics, NCR) to manage and coordinate shipping and on-site services.
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases.
- Collaborate with peers, uplift the team and work across organizational boundaries to facilitate services.
- Provide support on weekdays and also off hours on an as needed and scheduled rotational basis.
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to support their business and use of the Nutanix stack.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- The passion and ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo.
- Willingness to work in a fast-growing company with huge potential.
- Fluent proficiency in English.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant work experience troubleshooting enterprise grade hardware solutions.
- Preferred work experience troubleshooting Networking (preferably layer 2/3), Linux Systems (preferably CLI administration), Storage Analysis.
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree and 2+ years of work experience).
- Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
- We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
- Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.