Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Be responsible for the success of key Software releases at Nutanix. Be the credible and trusted leader to deliver these SW releases to customers on plan and with high quality
- Drive the planning and execution of releases from concept to GA. Lead a delivery team of Product Managers, Engineering, QE and other functional teams to deliver throughout all the release phases.
- Build and run, with the team, the release master plan (schedule, dependencies, risks, etc.). Use your technical background and product knowledge to dedicatedly identify risks, issues and drive their resolution.
- Be the authority on release life cycle processes and champion standard methodologies, metrics and high-quality standards with your delivery team.
- Independently and accurately report on the state of your release to executive partners and be the trusted speaker on the state of release in key checkpoint reviews.
- Take your release initiatives live after driving legal compliance and launch activities.
- Maintain consistently high standards of communication, productivity and teamwork.
- Work with the engineering team to identify and remove cross product roadblocks early in planning phase itself.
- Make constant assessment of feature pipeline, work done and work quality to support decision-making on release delivery schedule
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience running software engineering and project/program development management.
- Practical experience in Agile methodologies; Scrum Master Certified preferred.
- Practical experience program-managing Software-As-a-Service products and cloud-based services. Proven knowledge in cloud technologies and DevOps practices.
- Experienced in software development and project/program management fundamentals (software development process and quality processes, such as scoping, costs, schedules, initiatives, change and risk management, and mitigation).
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Extraordinary skills influencing, teaming, and delivering solutions in a highly complex and nebulous environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in as constantly evolving environment and inspire change across Nutanix engineering groups.
- Strong software engineering technical background with a real passion for delivering high performance, quality software.
- Experience with data analytic tools/platforms such as Tableau, Watchtower, etc. are nice to have.
- Experience generating/distributing newsletter would be a plus.
- Ability to synthesize strategic solutions to interdependent and broad problems.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.