Intern EMEA Financial Analyst- (12 month placement)
Intern EMEA Financial Analyst (FP&A)
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team within Nutanix is a small high energy team providing finance partnership to business leaders across all functions. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a high impact team in a rapidly growing organization. The team provides analysis to support strategic decisions, conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and handle financial processes such as planning, forecasting, reporting and tracking performance.
Reporting in to the EMEA Finance Business Partner, we are seeking a highly motivated intern to join us as a Financial Analyst. You will be a self-motivated, highly analytical individual. You will analyze and report financial and operational results, monitor performance, and assist with providing inputs for the strategic planning process in EMEA. Importantly you will also be comfortable working cross functionally with other business units.
Role & Responsibilities:
To demonstrate Nutanix’s values of Hunger, Honesty and Humility. To live the principles, partnering with sales and functional teams as Finance support in the Theater.
- To contribute to the EMEA Strategy, Business and Marketing Plan through:
- Analysis of market dynamics, business trends
- Co-ordination of inputs from functional groups
- Leveraging reporting and insights provided by HQ and adjacent functions
- Working with HQ FP&A to provide in Theater adhoc support for Channel, Marketing, Services and Customer Success.
- To assist in Finance projects and programs to ensure EMEA specific considerations are addressed.
- Ensure provision of detailed financial reporting to the field including detailed opex, margin and T&E reporting for Theater, Region and Subregions (The bulk of reporting will be produced centrally but the dissemination and messaging within the Theater is key to this role)
- Localised granular reporting tailored to EMEA needs should be developed to supplement the centralised view.
- Self serve ad-hoc reporting needs from Netsuite, Tableau and Salesforce as required to supplement centrally produced reports.
- Contribute to the build of a Headcount and Annual Operating Plan which is robust and consistent with HQ productivity and profitability expectations.
- Support the FP&A team to execute forecasting, variance analysis, and departmental reports for distribution to department leads.
- Pursuing Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Business, Finance or relevant
- English Fluency
- Willing to cooperate, take direction, and work with dedication in a team environment
- Empathetic and humble
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office products especially MS Excel
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, and desire to work cross-functionally and be a contributing team member
- Fascinated by the IT industry, and excited about being part of a dynamic FP&A team, in a fast-paced startup environment
Must have fluency in English
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.