Senior/Principal Product Manager - Nutanix Clusters
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix Clusters enables our customers to run Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Operating System on to public cloud providers to achieve a true hybrid cloud extension to on premises data centers. Our first public cloud provider is AWS, and we have plans to extend to other major cloud providers.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive product strategy/roadmap, feature requirements and prioritization for Nutanix Clusters as we partner with newer cloud providers. You will be the point person to help identify target market segments and use-cases, research customer needs, and drive compelling roadmap. This position will be based at Nutanix HQ in San Jose, CA.
- You will research and identify target market segments to launch new products and services.
- Define product strategy and functionality for the cloud offerings.
- Define user stories and workflows for the offering and work with engineering/design teams to build user interfaces.
- Conduct ongoing high-reaching data analysis and market validation activities such as customer prospect interviews and market analysis as part of service or feature planning; validate product plans against research results and make informed recommendations regarding roadmap to senior management.
- Collaborate with marketing to provide product positioning, messaging and contribute to collateral.
- You must have a passion for building and scaling great products and services.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field. MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of product management experience in enterprise data-center products, public cloud services or related offerings.
- Attention to detail in executing complex projects with cross-functional dependencies.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions.
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments in a multi geographic distributed team.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Aptitude to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- High energy and excellent teamwork skills.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.