Product Engineer (Early to Mid-Level)
Be a key participant in driving rapid growth through manufacturing and factory operations efficiency. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who can drive activities to successful completion. The successful candidate will have a technical background in electronic components and systems, with desired emphasis on server and storage platforms.
- Drive component qualifications (NICs, DIMMs, and GPUs), develop internal specifications, including test requirements, and manage the release into manufacturing.
- Work closely with suppliers, test, quality and hardware engineering on component qualifications and failure analysis.
- Transfer product-related information to contract manufacturers and ensure production readiness.
- Determine root cause of yield detractors seen in the factory and field and initiate corrective action.
- Make recommendations for improving product reliability; work cross functionally to incorporate reliability and serviceability in design.
- Provide technical guidance on issues from customer, field and factory failures to supplier quality.
- Manage engineering change orders, participate in change review boards and manage product BOMs.
- Maintain product engineering lab systems and equipment and ensure systems are functional to perform regression testing.
- Broad background in the Storage/Server related products/systems.
- Ability to distinguish between HW and/or SW product issues.
- Strong problem solving, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills and does NOT settle for complacency.
- Ability to support and provide first level triage for all factory product related issues.
- Ability to support and drive supplier component failure analysis.
- Familiar with test and debug sw tools ,for example iperf, memtest and how to interpret smart attributes for drives.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills, including ability to present technical issues and project statuses at the Management level.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts simply and effectively to gain support for test development initiatives and at times influence decisions.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver objectives.
- Ability to handle stressful situations where you are working under tight time constraints.
- Capability to understand product specifications and features to drive appropriate testing requirements and fault detection through FMEA.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS/MS in Computer/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
- Experience with server architecture, storage and server products.
- Deep understanding of memory types, SSDs, NVME, and NICs.
- 2+ years hardware &/or product engineering experience
- Understanding of world-class manufacturing systems and processes.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task across multiple priorities.
- Experience with systematic approach to hardware debug.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- Experience with PLM systems such as Arena or Agile.
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence, specifically for bug tracking.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.