Video Streaming Engineer (Frame)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Frame, now part of Nutanix, is the future of enterprise software distribution. It allows users to be productive from anywhere, by letting them run enterprise desktop apps on any device. We are working closely with the Adobe, Autodesk, Solidworks and Siemens. For our clients we support mission critical applications at a very large scale and the performance and security are of utmost importance. To do this we are looking for a great engineer to join our team and help deliver this.
- Lead our efforts to make our streaming platform reliable, adaptive to varying network conditions and as high quality as possible.
- Improving video quality and latency in poor network conditions
- Optimizing the client library to improve streaming performance and reduce latency
- Measuring performance and stream quality at a deep level, and using that as a yardstick against which we measure progress
- Coming up with novel solutions to fix tricky corner cases that users experience
- Developing techniques to improve streaming reliability and quality on all platforms, including mobile
- Communicating with users directly to troubleshoot problems and gain a qualitative sense of user happiness with the product
- Previous experience with developing and optimizing real time video streaming systems
- Have worked directly with video (e.g., VP8/H.264), and audio (e.g. AVC), and know how the codecs work, what their limitations are, and how best to utilize them in a real-time system
- Deep knowledge of networking, and real world experience with dealing with the unpredictability and variability of the internet (e.g., packet loss, latency, bandwidth estimation, FEC)
- Have the user in mind with all the work that you do
- Experience with C/C++
- Academic background in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Someone comfortable contributing to both the client and server, this person will bring knowledge of video codecs and media streaming, and also be happy to learn new things and help improve any part of the system.
Due to time zone difference, some availability after business hours expected. The position assumes trips to the San Francisco Bay Area, California a few times a year.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience of working in startup environments
Solving hard problems requires highly talented people and we compensate appropriately.
We value growth mindset in people and we support them in their personal development/education efforts, one of the ways we are doing this is through personal education allowance.
In addition to this, we offer private health insurance, fit pass card, parking, flexible working hours, lunch and snacks…
We have openings for this position in either our Belgrade office (Belgrade Office Park), or our Nis office (downtown Nis).
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.