Americas Safety and Security
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Americas Safety and Security Manager will maintain the safety of our employees and operations; This role will work with multiple areas of the business at Nutanix to lead the development and execution of the global safety and security strategy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with APAC and EMEA Safety & Security managers to develop, improve and maintain safety and security protocols and guidelines for all locations to include (but not limited to) access control standards and policies, security guard operations and deployment, technical security solutions, safety and emergency preparedness protocols and training. Ensure protocols and standards are consistently and enthusiastically applied throughout our global locations.
- Manage the Americas security team and oversee the security program including: physical security, access control, site risk assessments, local investigations and incident response / management
- Working with Real estate provide standards and input on physical security design for new and existing offices.
- Ensure Nutanix remains abreast of industry trends and is continuously improving life safety and security processes and practices to mitigate associated risks
- Serve as Security Leader on Crisis Management team
- Maintain strong ties with Local, State and Federal Government law enforcement officials to ensure Nutanix responds appropriately to events or crisis. A special emphasis is required in San Jose where we maintain our global headquarters
- Provide support and advice to the Nutanix Events staff for meetings and events within the region for the purpose of protecting the Executives and attending employees
- Track and advise on regional security developments and security incidents
- Assist in the development (life safety and security aspects) of crisis management plans to include developing and documenting plans for emergency response
- Always promote safety and security best practices and instill a culture of collective and individual responsibility for practicing awareness
- Create and deliver life safety and security training to employees, contractors and security staff
- Develop and sustain relationships with Workplace, IT and other organizations in order to support the cross-functional delivery of security operations
- 10+ years of experience in in the public safety, law enforcement or security field
- Excellent relationship, persuasion/influence, presentation and communication (verbal/written) skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Requires experience evaluating and designing physical security measures
- Requires experience defining and managing corporate security metrics
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in a combined physical security / business continuity environment where they played an active role in business continuity / crisis management planning and response
- Must be available during evenings and weekends to respond to unexpected emergencies and situations within the America’s region.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.