Software Engineer - Applications, Cloud, Microservices development
We are a small team within Nutanix that is working on an idea/product targeting a multibillion dollar market. If the journey from idea to product and joining a small team to make big contributions excites you, you will be good fit for this team. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
- Architect, design and develop enterprise life cycle management software for Databases.
- Architect, design and develop efficient, flexible, scalable, and robust software systems/components
- Develop deep understanding of customer use cases of various databases in secondary environment and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on defining functionality that is easy-to-use, intuitive to customers.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow methodical approach to design that is future ready and scalable.
- Experience working with enterprise software development in one of the domains (Web Services: (REST APIs, Java Web Services, Scalable Systems, Security, RBAC),Databases – (SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL/MariaDB, PostGres, SAP/HANAetc), Linux Systems and Storage - (SAN/NAS/HCI), Virtualization)
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: Java, Python or C++
- Must be able to write efficient code with high quality.
- Experience with object oriented concepts and design is required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required with 2-8+ year’s experience. Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]. #HP
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.