Member of Technical Staff - 4 - Linux System
We are a small team within Nutanix that is working on an idea/product targeting a multibillion dollar market. If the journey from idea to product and joining a small team to make big contributions excites you, you will be good fit for this team. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
- Architect, design and develop platform layer that interacts with Nutanix storage and provides API services to layers above. This layer should be modular enough to interact with cloud and other storage in future.
- Develop a deep understanding of use cases and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- Experience working with Linux system ( user level). Kernel experience is not mandatory.
- Experience with configuration of LVM, Devices ( raw, block, udev) , Networking, Kernel, SCSI/ISCSI.
- Experience working with Storage Systems, Hypervisors ( ESX).
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: Python, C, C++, Java ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Experience working with Object oriented programming
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Experience of 6-16 years in developing enterprise software.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.