Fullstack Developer - Calm
Calm is a product that enables application lifecycle management (ie, deployment, upgrades, scale-in, scale-out, DR, etc.) for applications deployed in any public (ex: AWS, GCP) or private (ex: VMWare, Nutanix) cloud. Calm empowers developers, IT admins, and DevOps engineers to streamline their technical operations, extend applications over multiple clouds and centralize control of operations.
The MTS Developer position is an aggregate position for all back-end systems roles. Our backend engineering work is done mostly in Python and Golang. Developers will be required to implement protocol clients/servers, work with message queues, code massively parallel systems, write async network code, develop graph walkers, worry about database performance and tackle cloud-scale problems.
- Work closely with product managers to define / refine what you are building
- Develop high-quality services and features
- Make existing slow/un-scalable stuff go faster
- Fix buggy software that exists today
This opportunity will allow you to...
- Improve performance and scalability of internal back-end components
- Diagnose and debug deep and insidious issues
- Influence & develop revolutionary ways to expand feature offerings & product line.
- Minimum1-4 years of experience
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux or expertise in Windows
- Development experience in building distributed systems / micro-services on public/private clouds.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen.
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization, and/or storage management
- Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. in Computer Science
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.