VP of Channel - EMEA
Would you like to be part of the EMEA Partner Organization focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Nutanix’s award-winning technology?
Do you have the business savvy, business development experience, technical background and the ability to have fun; all necessary to help further establish Nutanix as a leader in hyper-converged infrastructure technology?
Reporting directly to the SVP of WW Channels, the role of the VP of Channel - EMEA is a passionate strategic thinker with strong sales, operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills. This role will lead a group of channel sales professionals responsible for indirect go-to-market strategy, operations, and revenue across all geographic regions in EMEA while maintaining and nurturing the necessary relationships with our most strategic partners (GSIs, OEMs, Distribution and Value-Added Resellers).
These partnerships are critical elements of our overall corporate strategy to accelerate our growth in the hyper-converged space and better serve our customers. This role will have a growing team focused on partner strategy and the execution of programs to grow the partner network and impact. You are expected to work cross-functionally and collaborate with all departments to build a fully integrated channel partner ecosystem.
This critical role is to serve as a trusted advisor to the SVP of EMEA and all other sales leaders across the region. You will be an integral part of the sales team responsible to bridge the partner ecosystem to drive partner support as frictionless fulfillment and partner sales both in commercial and enterprise.
This role is for someone who is passionate about the sales & operations of the business. Must look at our partners like we treat our customers, the Triad of (a) Professional Services, (b) Managed Services, and (c) Cloud Services to make our partners visible and relevant. The position works within a governance structure that includes partnering with business unit team leads and other business areas.
Must be an effective problem-solver who leverages data to support all decisions and possesses the right attention to detail to interact effectively in a highly political and decentralized environment, have the ability to communicate effectively and articulately in both spoken and written communication with a diverse constituency, and have demonstrated experience in successfully and effectively developing collaborative relationships and partnerships, and capacity for managing multiple tasks/priorities on deadline in a fast-paced, continually adapting work environment.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communications Skills (Multi-lingual desired)
- Ability to leverage Analytics and Business Intelligence to plan, execute the business while empowering the field team
- A Strong Understanding of the Sales Process and Channel Sales
- Make Sound Decisions
- Ability to Help Others Reach Their Full Potential
- Problem Solving
- Ability to Have Fun
- Execution Driven
- Trustworthiness & Ethics
- Establish Relationships
- Show Adaptability
- Responsible for defining the strategy and goals for the EMEA Channel Sales teams
- Assist the SVP EMEA Sales in running the business and in driving strategic actions
- Establish a BI process to include dashboards & drill-down capabilities to ensure meeting the promise of a data-driven decision-making mindset to achieve business objectives
- Very focused on driving agility and speed in the commercial segment
- This role is also tactical in nature, specifically working as a mesh point between Corp and Channel sales programs
- Periodically reviews team progress against plans; focuses attention beyond the project to the full year or more
- Identify new selling models as we move to a % of our commercial channel sales
- Provide structure to the business operation functions
- Establish the Rhythm of the Business (ROB)
- Develop and manage metrics/scorecards
- Uses informal and structured approaches to career development to focus on individual improvement over time
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary and meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people or new people.
- Effective Communication: Keeps two-way communication flowing with key stakeholders (commercial, enterprise sales teams, services, services peers, sales, finance, and marketing, etc. “Overcommunicates” key messages regarding Nutanix’s goals to partners.
- Provide coaching and management oversight to partner sales teams to help them drive their sales strategy and goal attainment.
- Data-driven: Must have the ability to measure, track, and monitor the business supported by Data in an easy to consume model.
- Motivate, lead, and manage via influence and inspiration, along with people development is a key component to this role.
- Build, strengthen, and nurture external relationships with partners, push the vision of the executive management team with a transformational vs. disruptive approach, and improve overall performance and meet and/or exceed revenue objectives.
- Provide coaching and management oversight to the partner sales teams to help them drive their sales strategy and goal attainment.
- It will be critical that this role helps develop a bridge between commercial and channel – and support all partner types focus and non-focus partners.
- Sound Judgment, Decision-Making, and Sense of Urgency: Applies broad knowledge when addressing complex issues. Defines issues clearly. Takes all critical information into account to make timely, tough decisions and acts with a sense of urgency.
- Executive Presence: Achieves immediate credibility with executive levels by portraying an executive image and presenting ideas in a polished, business-like manner.
- Team Player: Passionate about people. Loves being part of a team, both leading and serving. Has demonstrated a deep commitment to colleagues.
- Humble and Hungry: Confidence without arrogance. “Put in more than you take out!” Strives to improve and drive to “continually up their game” regardless of prior successes.
- Dedicated to Nutanix’s success: Deeply committed to helping Nutanix and our Managed Focus Partners achieve business goals and objectives and be known for Services/Consulting excellence.
- Establish and maintain positive & proactive relationships with partner sales, management, marketing, and other corporate functions, to gain mindshare and drive sales activity.
- Work with key internal stakeholders from Corporate Marketing, distribution, channel marketing, partner operations, inside sales, and product managers to execute a world-class channel sales program that will grow our channel business. Focus on significantly improving deal in stage-7 to drive velocity.
- Work closely with sales leadership on development and execution of a sales strategy; adhere to available resources and district sales objectives.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with channel partners and Nutanix sales management team on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Plan and direct channel activities including implementing forecasts, marketing program development, relationship development, customer satisfaction, and collateral material development and distribution.
- Establish short-term and long-term goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Identify Nutanix customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Develop quarterly MDF/Funding spend budgets based on partner revenue targets and develop a budget to support the enablement, marketing, and promotion of the partner business plans.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.