Big Data Engineer (Insights)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix is disrupting the multibillion dollar Enterprise Cloud market by groundbreaking the first converged compute & storage virtualization platform that can incrementally scale out to handle petabytes of data while running tens of thousands of virtual machines.
The Nutanix Insights team focuses on building Big Data Infrastructure to derive insights from data collected from Data Centers across our customer base. These insights will drive the efforts towards Data Center optimization, Dedicated support and auto-remediation, Operations and Engineering Process optimizations and product features. We are seeking expert engineers with Big Data Platform/Infrastructure/Analytics expertise for Petabyte scale data and a passion to drive the design of next generation Data Center and Cloud infrastructures.
- Design and build a Big Data Platform for the software defined data center
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data processing systems
- Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval, optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements
- Build or rewrite existing data pipelines to improve efficiency and latency using technologies like – AWS S3, Firehose, Glue, EMR, Spark-streaming
- Work on improving data quality by measuring quality of collected data and debugging issues
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high quality products and services
- You will join a small, impactful, and dynamic team
- BS with 5 years or MS with 3 years of experience in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ year of experience in cloud and big data technologies such as AWS Kinesis, S3, EMR, Spark, HDFS, Hive, Hadoop
- 3+ year of experience in python, Scala and/or Go
- Experience building big data systems managing terabytes or petabytes of data
- Experience in designing and performance tuning data pipeline jobs is desirable
- In-depth understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases, various aspects of data engineering such as data ingestion, data cleansing, data processing, and query optimization
- In-depth understanding of various data formats such as JSON, Parquet, Avro
- Experience building data lake, data warehouse is a huge plus
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.