Senior International Tax Analyst
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion-dollar enterprise data center market by pioneering an enterprise cloud platform that leverages web-scale engineering and consumer-grade design to natively converge compute, virtualization and storage into a resilient, software-defined solution with rich machine intelligence. Our vision is to make infrastructure invisible, so IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
Nutanix is looking for a Senior International Tax Analyst to join our income tax accounting and compliance team in San Jose, CA. Reporting to the Director - US Tax Reporting and Compliance, the Senior International Tax Analyst will support all aspects of the International Tax function, including accounting for income taxes, tax compliance, transfer pricing, and other special projects.
- Assist with preparation and review of quarterly and annual international tax provision calculations.
- Prepare US foreign DREs and GILTI tax calculations for purpose of ASC 740 annual corporate income tax provision as well as US federal income tax return filing.
- Assist with preparation and review of international tax compliance for US federal income tax return including Forms 926, 1118, 5471, 5472, 8858, 8990, 8991, 8992, 8993 and other associated tax return disclosures prepared by external firm.
- Able to analyze key US International tax compliance, including a comprehensive understanding of E&P, Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, FTC and 861 expense allocation and apportionment.
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation of US International tax workpapers, including E&P and tax pools, PTEP, and US tax basis for foreign subsidiaries and/or branches as applicable.
- Review and manage intercompany agreement and transfer pricing documentation.
- Prepare US CbCR forms and maintain related workpapers.
- Prepare US FBARs and manage other International components, such as withholding tax certificates, legal entity flowchart, etc.
- Drive automation initiatives to increase the efficiency of the tax accounting process and provide support for various process improvements projects.
- Work with various groups within the tax department as well as finance, corporate accounting, and treasury to gather data needed to support income tax calculations.
- Various ad hoc tax projects as needed.
- 3-5 years of income tax experience in public accounting firm and/or private industry.
- Hands on experience with corporate income tax compliance and ASC 740 accounting.
- Detail-oriented, strong initiative, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with excellent work ethic and a willingness to do what it takes.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Experience working with NetSuite or other ERP system, as well as ONESOURCE Tax Provision tool and/or Alteryx.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Tax and/or Finance.
- MST and/or CPA desired.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.