System Test Intern (Summer 2021)
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
The Role: DR Team - Software Engineer - System Test
The Engineering Summer Internship is an opportunity to gain exposure to one or more Nutanix engineering roles according to your skills and interests. Some potential roles include (but not limited to) working on the core data path, storage and filesystems development, distributed systems, infrastructure and platform/hardware deployment, data protection and replication, tools and automation, development of a big data processing platform, development of the API and analytics platform, and Web and front-end UI/UX development.
Each intern is paired with a Member of Technical Staff (Software Engineer) who serves as a guide through our engineering culture, toolsets, and development methodology. Our internship program also includes a series of lunch and learns, training events, and social outings to expose you to other aspects of a rapidly growing Silicon Valley technology company. This a full time, 12 week internship program.
- Designing high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans.
- Writing New Automated test cases for existing and new features.
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s).
- Working closely with the Development team to analyze and find root cause of failures.
- Filing defects and tracking them to closure.
- Strong programming skills in Python or Golang
- Interest in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Ability to debug and extend automated tests.
- Interest testing a “systems” product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking).
- Knowledge of systems administration in UNIX, preferably Linux.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, or Xen. VMware and Hyper-V is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.